8.07.2014

Yard Sale Bookshelf Makeover


Remember me? I know it's been awhile since I blogged. I hope you're all having a great summer. Our family recently got back from Martha's Vineyard, where we have family roots. We love to visit this beautiful island. While I was there one of my sisters and I stopped in at a yard sale and found two matching bookshelves. One for her and one for me! I painted hers a mint (using Shermin Williams Mint Condition) and I brought mine back to Maryland with me stuffing it in the car. My sister's newly painted bookshelf will go in her children's room in their new home. 

Here's the BEFORE: 
My favorite part of the yard sale was talking to the owners. They are both writers and world travelers. The wife is a Pulitzer prize winning author. I was so excited that I read her book too (Geraldine Brooks, Year of Wonders). It's always worth a shot going to a yard sale. You never know what kind of treasure you might find. 
I love the beading up top and the lines of this bookshelf. I can't wait to paint mine now too. 
More pictures to come soon as I talk about architecture on Martha's Vineyard and show you some of the other projects I've been working on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this so much and can't wait to place it in our home. You did an amazing job and I'm in love with the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures of the Vineyard! Next summer, right? Beautiful job on the bookshelf. Will you decorate our next home for us? Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete