10.02.2014

One Room Challenge: The Laundry Room Redo (Week 1)

I'm joining the rest of the crazies in Linda's ORC! If you are unfamiliar with the ORC, it's a design challenge to get a room done in six weeks. Plenty of time right? Well, last time I worked on my daughter's room and it was pretty tight right up to the end. I'm sure this experience will be similar. Every Thursday, for the next six weeks I will be updating you on the progress of the room. I'm a linking participant, and there are twenty designers who were selected to show their skills. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I really like this challenge because it forces me to get going on a room I've been wanting to do for awhile. So here's the blank slate of a laundry room that I'm going to tackle:
                 
This little sink has a lot of potential to look cute. I'm thinking a skirt would dress her up. 


Laundry Room

Baskets and bins will help me a lot in this room. Also, hooks on the long wall, and a new light will go a long way. I'm not for sure about the wallpaper, even though I love it. It's out of my price range so we'll see what I end up doing.

Now for some room inspirations:                            
Laundry room
Inspiring laundry room
I love the idea of an accent wall either painted dark, stenciled or wallpaper. Floating shelves would be a great DIY to do in here too. 

Laundry nook (House Tweaking)
                                                                               source
I like the idea of putting up pictures of my children and family in here so I can remember why I do laundry.
Overall, I want our laundry room to be practical, organized, happy and a place where I'll want to stay around and fold laundry. I can't wait to get started! I'll show you sneak peaks along the way of my progress every Thursday. Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. You have a great space. Can't wait to see it all redone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I can't wait to get going on this project so I will want to do laundry.

      Delete
  2. love the plan and can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. I hope I can make this a place where I will want to do laundry.

      Delete
  3. Fun plan Tracy! I bet you could easily stencil that something similar to that pricey wallpaper pattern! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I've already started researching stencils. Too bad wallpaper is so expensive. Good luck with your room too! This will be fun.

      Delete
  4. The direction your going with the room looks great. Love the idea of putting fabric on the sink. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to make this space a more organized and pretty room.

      Delete
  5. I'm excited you chose your laundry room. I have a thing for cute laundry rooms! Looking forward to seeing the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have planned and can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the "After" photo- like your design board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy I'm loving the direction you're headed with your laundry room and look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Right now it's a very neglected space and I'm hoping for a organized, pretty space that I'll want to be in. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  9. The laundry room tends to be such a neglected area! I can't wait to follow along and see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that Jennifer. Our laundry room is a bit of a dumping ground right now, so I'm hoping to change that and make it an organized, lovely space to be in. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  10. Just love your inspiration pics and know that your laundry room reno will help inspire me to do my own sometime soon! Looking forward to following along as it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vintage feel of your inspiration board is great - can't wait to see your finished space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, I'm jealous you have a laundry room! Seriously, who would have thought I would grow up and want a laundry room?! We have a closet for our laundry room. I love your inspiration and can't wait to see what you do! Good luck and glad we're going through ORC together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obsessed with that H&G wallpaper and your ideas are amazing. LOVE, love!

    ReplyDelete