2.18.2015

Chairish and The Accent Chair



Chairish Vintage Accent Chairs

                                     
 Bamboo Chair (Lonny image)   /  French Bergere Chairs  (image source)  /  Navy Blue Slipper (Lonny image)

I've been looking for the perfect accent chairs to go in front of my fireplace and other areas of my house for awhile. I look through Craigslist often, but sometimes it's hard to find what you want, looking through so many things you don't want. Have you heard of Chairish? Chairish is similar to Craigslist, but it's clean look and pieces curated by their staff make it much easier to find what you are looking for. It's 'a place for design lovers to buy or sell vintage furniture' and items. Their staff will even take the picture of the item you want to sell and put a white background behind it so it comes out looking clean and magazine worthy.  They've made it easy to find a beautiful vintage pieces. Chairish asked me to show some of my favorite vintage accent chairs from their site.

Above and below are chairs from Chairish and inspirational images to help you see how they might work in a room. Like Craigslist, you can pick up the furniture/item locally or they provide shipping. I'm dying to get my hands on a bamboo chair or chairs. Those matching pair of French Bergere chairs are classic and would work in any room. A slipper chair also works in any room. I'm partial to that velvet navy blue slipper chair with twisty legs.


Accent Chairs


How fun are those leopard print Louis style chairs? They would look good at flanking the ends of a dining table or by a dresser like the image above. I've seen some folding theater chairs lately and think they look really cool as a bench or for a mudroom. I would love to get one of those fiberglass rockers too. They look great in children's rooms. 

Accent chairs help fill a tricky corner, provide a unique desk chair, or put two together to bring symmetry to a room. They can provide a punch of color, or they tie the whole room together. Anyone would be lucky ducks to get their hands on these chairs. Have you ever bought or sold items on Chairish before? I haven't yet, but I think I might put a few things up for sale soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment